During the time that we have been members of the tumblr community we have seen you all band together to change people’s lives in big and small ways. You’ve helped someone get a fluffy chicken and you’ve donated to make sure people you’ve never even met don’t become homeless or can get the medical care they need. You’ve created movements and petitions, made phone calls and written letters to fight injustice and bring light to issues that the rest of the world seems to be ignoring. We have been so happy to be part of a community that has done so much, and now we need your help.
With less and less funding coming from the federal and state governments to support organizations like ours we have been struggling like many other Rape Crisis Centers, however it’s gotten a lot worse for us in recent weeks. Sexual Assault Center of East Tennessee’s recent grant losses and budgetary strains have combined into a financial crisis. Although we have made every effort to conserve money and have cut back in every conceivable area we are still unable to meet some of our financial obligations and keep up with operating costs.
We are calling on anyone who supports our mission to help us in any way they can. We have served rape and sexual violence victims, survivors and their families in East Tennessee for forty years, we are the second longest running rape crisis center in the nation, and our goal is to continue on for forty more. With your help we can. SACET serves 15 counties in East Tennessee, we never have and never will charge survivors or their loved ones for our services.
We are seeking donations both large and small and we want you to know that 90% of any donation we receive goes to direct client services which include nursing care, legal and personal advocacy, therapy, and community education. The other 10% helps up fulfill administrative operating costs.
As always we are deeply grateful for the support of our community and the individuals who share in and support our mission to help victims heal from and bring an end to sexual violence.We don’t have a lot of followers on tumblr but those we do have are a truly amazing group. We know not all of you can afford to donate and would never ask you to stretch your own finances thin for us, but please spread the word if you can.
You can donate on our website here, call 867-558-9040 to donate over the phone, or by check to SACET 6215 kingston Pike, Suie A, Knoxville TN, 37919.