Myth #1 - Boys and men can’t be victims.
This myth, instilled through masculine gender socialization and sometimes referred to as the “macho image,” declares that males, even young boys, are not supposed to be victims or even vulnerable. We learn very early that males should be able to protect themselves. In truth, boys are children - weaker and more vulnerable than their perpetrators - who cannot really fight back. Why? The perpetrator has greater size, strength, and knowledge. This power is exercised from a position of authority, using resources such as money or other bribes, or outright threats - whatever advantage can be taken to use a child for sexual purposes.
Myth #2 - Most sexual abuse of boys is perpetrated by homosexual males.
Pedophiles who molest boys are not expressing a homosexual orientation any more than pedophiles who molest girls are practicing heterosexual behaviors. While many child molesters have gender and/or age preferences, of those who seek out boys, the vast majority are not homosexual. They are pedophiles.
- los-deadboys reblogged this from cyclicality
- credibilityproblem likes this
- browntree reblogged this from sacet
- cryrabbitcry likes this
- brainfarm likes this
- cyclicality reblogged this from sacet
- malesurvivors reblogged this from sacet
- swampsexrobotz reblogged this from serafinacastaway
- rocketboobs-and-thunderthighs reblogged this from serafinacastaway
- katherinemayfair likes this
- kungfukillerwolf likes this
- peterthepsychologist reblogged this from sylphaeon
- dicks-for-breakfast likes this
- kyjunglez likes this
- it-goes-both-ways reblogged this from aspectofjuno
- jessprominski reblogged this from sacet
- sheriffjohnnycage reblogged this from strippingwizardsonabartop
- strippingwizardsonabartop reblogged this from sacet
- strippingwizardsonabartop likes this
- sacet posted this