If there is one theme that this column has beaten half to death, it’s that you need to communicate with your partner. The reason I’ve stressed this point is that I’ve heard and read many statistics from both reliable and questionable sources that claim that people in their college years are uncomfortable talking about things like consent with their partners. So, with this in mind, please start having the sex-based conversations with your partner that you’ve been putting off (if you have already done this, I have a merit badge for you). These conversations take time to get the hang of and they can be awkward. But a little awkwardness now is better than someone getting hurt or feeling unhappy later on.
I haven’t posted the final column I wrote for the Aggie, so here it is.
I would caveat the point about being Adeventurous: I was writing in response to articles in which people (usually women) were worried that their desires were too “freaky.” It matters not whether you have vanilla sex or triple mocha swirl sex or no sex.
- taramcmanus likes this
- werewolfoffeverswamp likes this
- wisdom-justiceandlove reblogged this from fuckyeahsexpositivity
- kcsarcpop reblogged this from sacet
- sacet reblogged this from geekybombshell
- trishiaxpaula reblogged this from fuckyeahsexpositivity
- mistynovembernoche likes this
- madewithrealgin likes this
- quixylvre likes this
- aperkywallflower reblogged this from fuckyeahsexpositivity
- fuckyeahsexpositivity reblogged this from geekybombshell
- bemusedlybespectacled likes this
- geekybombshell posted this